The whole crew has the sniffles, barking cough, and tickle in their throat this week so I thought now would be the perfect time to share my favorite electrolyte drink. This magical concoction is inexpensive to make, uses on-hand ingredients, takes about 5 minutes, and is delicious hot or cold! Easy to execute if you are sick and caring for a whole lot of sickies too.
Use this drink as a replacement for Pedialyte, any sports drink, or a blast of vitamin C for cold & flu season!
Yield: 16 ounces
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 2 clementines
- 1/8 teaspoon himilayan sea salt
- 4 dates (pitted)
Microwave water for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, juice fruit and combine with maple syrup, and sea salt; place in blender.
- Add dates to hot water and let sit for 3 minutes.
- After dates have softened in hot water, add date/water mix to blender.
- Blend until smooth, strain as needed.
Enjoy within 3 days.
What other recipes help you get through sniffle season? If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts!