I’m going on vacation this week and am feeling particularly festive, so I thought I’d share a quick list of hot weather alcohol hacks to get everyone in the vacation spirit with me.
(No judgement here for popping a bottle or two on a Tuesday).
- Keep it cool. Did you know you can freeze wine? Me neither! Well, not until my brilliant friend Kristen showed up on with Pinot Rose ice cubs, made in a silicon mold. She’s a genius. Pop a wine cube in an oh-so-glamorous solo red cup, top with a generous amount of the same wine and you have yourself a party! (Kristen and I recommend buying 2 bottles for this, because – why not??)
- A fuss-free margarita. A no-nonsense cocktail that doesn’t mess around on a hot day? Sign me up. It doesn’t get easier than this: 1 can frozen limeade, juice of 2 limes, 1 (use the same can as the limeade to measure) of tequila, add a couple splashes of triple sec if you’re in the mood. Blend and enjoy. Easy peasy.
- Prefer a boozy snack? Get drunk on fruit. Sidebar: first time I was officially drunk was off my older brother’s everclear soaked cherries. Anyway… I digress. Try this little red grape and wine concoction to wow a crowd: Frozen grapes marinated in wine
- Like to drink and eat? I knew I liked you. Use this awesome chart to make your party come together:
- Champagne hacks. Are you the fancy one at the party? Or maybe just the one that knows champagne is low in calories… (100 calories for 5 ounces if you’re curious). In either event, this list may be for you: Champagne hacks
What other hacks can you share with the crew? We’d love to hear them!!