- When reheating rice, drizzle a couple tablespoons of water on the top, cover, and microwave until warm. I make rice once a week and my kids have no idea. Tastes like you just made it!
- Have a hankering for dessert, but on a diet? Freeze bananas. Slice frozen bananas, add your favorite fixings to a blender and whirl. Instant ice cream that you don’t feel bad about and is super-creamy.
- Too much salt in what you are cooking? Include a peeled potato – potatoes soak up salt and solve the problem!
- Eat the protein on your plate first – it will fill you up and make you less likely to consume the other items on your plate, saving calories.
- Peel a banana from the end – monkeys eat it this way, and there’s a reason for it. Waaaaayyyy easier.
- Eating tomatoes reduces your sensitivity to sunburns.
- Weight loss tip: allow yourself only to have seconds of vegetables and protein options. You’ll feel satisfied and will not have just consumed 500 calories of french bread.
- Speed up the weekday breakfast: Make extra pancakes on the weekend, and pop in the toaster for a very quick, midweek breakfast. Tastes just like it came off the griddle.
- Cottage Cheese and Sour Cream will last twice as long if you turn the containers upside down in the fridge. Doing so creates a vacuum and prevents bacteria formation.
- Didn’t drink the whole bottle of Champagne and now its flat? (Well, shame on you). To revive, drop a raisin in and behold the magical powers of the bubbles.
- Have ingredients but looking for recipe inspiration? Check out Supercook. Perfect for nights that you are tired of thinking and making decisions.
Hope these hacks make your life easier this week! Give them a go and let me know how they work for you!
Looking for other categories of life hacks? Let me know what you are interested in!